FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think I'm having a mental breakdown.

fakeplastictrees
Community Member
I'm just really bothered by so much in recent days. There's just too much information and it's messing with my head. All the news that gets shown really messes with my head and makes me worry. I just don't know how to think rationally now.
3 Replies 3

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey fakeplastictrees and a very warm welcome to the beyondblue forums. It is a very protective and supportive place so again, welcome.

It sounds like your brain is in overdrive with what you have described. I know precisely what that is like.

What I recommend is for you to book yourself a GP appointment and have a chat about this. What you have described can be a symptom of anxiety so you need to get that checked out as soon as you can.

In the mean time, try and do some breathing exercises and also some mindfulness. There are a couple of really good apps to help you with this - Smiling Mind and Buddhify. I use both and they calm me really well.

Hope to hear from you again - keep posting and will help guide and help you through your journey.

Mark.

RooRoo42
Community Member

Hi Fakeplastictrees,

I've been a real head worrier for many years, and the best therapy that I have found was reading the power of now from Eckhart Tolle. I also subscribed to his online teachings. I find it very soothing listening to his life teachings while laying in bed. It takes me away from my head thoughts...he is also funny at times. He is an amazing man.

Hope this is of some value to you.

Cheers

RooRoo42

hannahgillett8
Community Member

I'm having trouble and I've been running into some problems.My mum has some problems with her family and I live full-time with my dad.I went to my cousin's house on my mum's side for her birthday party and my mum is really mad at my dad for letting me go so my dad just stop answering her phone calls and guess how many voice mails she left,the answer is 30 and all of them was just background noise except one and it said "the kids need to know that they are going to have have a baby brother or sister"and that's all she said.This is a joyus acation right?Well not in my family,my mother is a very bad person and I don't want the kid to go through what my and my older brothers went through.I don't even know if its true,she could of just been lying to try and convince my dad to let mt dad alk to us.Please comment what u think i should do.