FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I have been in anxiety and crying for 2 weeks....What should I do???

A sad boy
Community Member

I am a student who studying in Melbourne. The recent 2 weeks are my most terrible weeks when I came to Melbourne and today is also my dark day. My favourite blogger always was attacked recently, and today he was shouted at something like his trueness of the grade of the university and whether he is talking with one brand. Although he explained everything, it nearly can not work well. I can not stand with it because he is my favourite blogger. No one can compare it with his true and interesting styles. I really care for him because he is the best blogger I have met. And recently he was just attacked like this. Because of him and this thing, I never have a good day for two weeks. I can not eat too much and I am not interested in my hoodies as usual. There is nearly no one day when I do not cry in the recent two weeks. Although I am trying my best to work with the counselor in my college, I still have the negative emotion. I am afraid that if the blogger is blocked, I may not have hope in the social media and the life....because the similar thing happened on my another favourite blogger and he was blocked for one year, which is a giant hit for me... I have ever thought of quitting the social media for him or even suicide, but I thought that it is not more worth while than live, so I did not do them. However I am anxious and always think that life has no hope. I am not dare to talk about this thing to my families and I have few friends here. What should I do for it...?

5 Replies 5

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi and welcome to beyond blue.

Let me know if I have this correct. There are 2 bloggers that you like, and one of the bloggers was blocked for one year, and then recently the other blogger was attacked (?) and you are concerned his blog will also be blocked? Can I ask what makes you believe his account will be blocked?

It is odd how relationships can be formed through social media these days. And when something happens to the person we might follow, we might feel their pain also. I am guessing that whatever happened has had a profound effect on you from your description, and you are also seeing a college counselor. I cannot say that I have an experience like that which you have described, but our coping mechanism can be different from person to person. For some people it might take longer to heal. And you have recognised you needed some sort of help, and saw a counselor, who will continue to help you at this time.

You could also look at the thread on the forum relating to grounding and mindfulness which can help with anxiety.

Of course, you can also write here. This is a safe space where you can put your thoughts, and the other advantage is that you get feedback from other users. It can be therapeutic to get the thoughts out of your head and put somewhere else. I am listening to you,

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry for replying to you late because of my busy study for the future exam weeks.However,because of this thing,in combination with the exam and studying,I have too much pressure,having no energy to do anything and had a headache and disgusting until now.

I want to explain to you about this thing’s details.My favourite blogger always gives some sharings about the IT products.Once he used a phone and found that the phone was not so good as the public opinion said,so he wanted to return it and sent this content to the social media.However,because of this he was attacked with bad words and thought that he did wrong things(because they thought that the used products the bloggers used should be sent to their followers—however not everyone can do it—and the objects thought that this behaviour can change the shopping site into a second-hand one).What was worse,some of his bad things,even the terrible love events were discovered.And he was sent to the top hits of the social media(it is said that the hit was bought by the phone brand).After this,the objectors countinued saying bad words to him.Although he had to apologised for this thing, the storm has not yet subsided.Until now,his comments always have the sayings like“did you return the products?”with the joking accent when he said the feelings of other products,“you said the bad words to the brand and I will not follow you”and even“please get out with the social media!”so on.Even if his content was transferred by the senior leadership of the social media,the comments of these leaderships are always full of the above contents.During this time,some objectors said that the blogger had a fake grade of the university and he worked as PR for a company,fortunately he rumoured this thing in time.

I like this IT blogger because he dared to say the true feeling of the products he used and he has an interesting style,which is my favourite.But now because this thing happened,the style has reduced too much,so that I felt so upset.Over the past two weeks since the thing happened,I cried every day at home,in the school,outdoor,even stores and restaurants—I just want to get sympathy from others,because I have few friends here,and I am not dare to say to my only friends and even families.

The reason why I think he will be blocked is that there are too many objectors of him and I believe that one day they can pushed him to be blocked for some reason they do not like,and to that time,my heart will be broken completely...

A sad boy
Community Member
It has passed a few weeks and days since this thing happened. However I am still in the darkness of the negative effect in this thing, and I found that there is no likes on the contents which supports the blogger, but there are more likes on the contents like “*** has better behaviours than the blogger!” ”I cancelled following the blogger, but focusing on *** and *** and I think that the world of my social media is quiet.”so on. Every time I saw this, my heart tightens. Sometimes I even think that, “Do I really follow the wrong people? Camn’t the blogger say true words, but always saying good words and accept the money from the brand and the companies? Why I am so unlucky that my favourite bloggers are always in hurt...” When I think of this, my heart broke again and again. I think if the thing does not go to an end, I will never go out of the “darkness”. However, I will have exams in the future weeks, and I am afraid that this will affect me because this exam is very important for me. So far no one can reply to me to support myself, making me feel if this site really useful for me because I found that nearly every one can get the further replies except myself... What’s worse, I am getting more and more lonely because my roommate went back to his home country. My counselor just let me to do the deep breath every day and I am not sure if it is really useful. I just want to get others’ suggestions and I need too much energy to refresh the energy, or I will be in deeper blue.... I need everyone’s support or I can not stand with it!!!!!!!!!!

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi. I am still here, but sometimes posts can get lost in the list.

In relation to the deep breathing exercises, there are two thing to keep in mind...

(1) it won't happen instantly. You need to practice it for it to become effective.

(2) helps to have a open attitude when doing it. If you think that it won't work for you then it probably won't.

And perhap deep breathing exercises might not work for you at all. In that is the cases other techniques can be found in the thread on grounding and mindfulness.

I am not really a follower of bloggers etc. for which I have my reasons. And I guess the question is

why does it matter to you what other people think of a blogger you follow?

People who put themselves (publish) onto platform like youtube also get a stack of the "bad" reviews as well. The same goes for music as well. A site that reviews a album may give 1/5 stars, yet the band puts a lot of hard work into creating. If you like the blogger that should be all that matters?

Good luck in your exams,

Tim

Hi Tim

Thank you for your advice.

But I am still worried about this thing. And I always worry for him every day, being afraid that he will be attacked and I do not know why. Should I talk to him about my feeling and thinking secretly??

The sad boy