FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I am not enough

LostinLife01
Community Member
I have a partner that I live with but who never wants to spend any time with me. I do b have any friends - only acquantances. I don't have anyone I can talk to. I have an aging parent who I just cannot talk to as she is from a completely different generation of thinking.

I don't have anyone. I am clearly just not enough. I have had an awful day & I'm sitting in my car crying because I went to go somewhere & realised I have no where to go & no one I can call.
4 Replies 4

Rabbit33
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi LostinLife,

I'm so sorry you're experiencing such an upsetting situation. The feeling of being alone and lost can be extremely overwhelming.
Thank you for reaching out to us here for some support.

Have you tried addressing your feelings with your partner and seeing whether he is willing to make some changes to include you a little more and spend more time doing things together?

Have you got any hobbies or activities you enjoy doing? Or ones that you use enjoy?
Sometimes getting actively back into our local community presents us with new idea's and new friendships.
Even starting up a short course? Could gain some new skills and meet some like minded people along the way to establish some friendships with?

I hope you're feeling okay. Sending you positive energy and a BIG smile!

Feel free to chat back and we'll be here to respond whenever you need. 🙂

coal
Community Member
hello LostinLife01, I am sorry that you are sad.

BoltRog
Community Member

Hey,

I’m feeling lost and often not enough as well. If we all band together though, we can all be enough and we can make a new direction for ourselves . Together we can be strong. Here you are loved. Keep posting xoxo

BoltRog

EmReid
Community Member
You don’t know how much this relates to me when I was reading this. I feel so alone at times too. I feel like I’ve pushed away all my friends that I don’t have any left. I cry all the time because I get that voice inside of me saying “maybe my boyfriend doesn’t want me” - I really do hope you find what makes you happy. Friends will come to you. If you try and remain happy and be your only friend, people will soon see that they will want in on that. And please don’t cry.. I’ve tried to think whenever I find myself crying, j tell myself.... YO WHY ARE YOU CRYING, You don’t cry! And you know some days you might have your moments were you’ve given up and the worlds against you and you feel alone. That’s where I want you to Think of me and a random girl you’ve never met, one girl in a billion that randomly came in this chat to help you. Im exactly like you, live life spontaneously, make new friends!! Life’s so bloody short!! go out and be the wild funny loving bright person you are give that to people out there in the world that need someone like you. You got put on this earth for a reason. You can do anything you put your mind to. I hope all goes well! 💖