FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to cope with stress?

Marley
Community Member

Hi there

i haven't been here in a while, things were going ok for a while.

I just need some advice.  Does anyone have any strategies of coping with everyday 'life' stress?

i suffer from 3 autoimmune conditions which make me tired, give me aches & pains among many other things.  I also suffer GAD and have HAD depression.  I also have two annoying kids aged 11 & 13 who just annoy me because they can.  My husband works night so I have to deal with them, dinner etc on my own, plus running around.

i am not working but I want to go back to work but I get stressed easily and I just want to know how I can cope?  I'm sick of these things controlling me, "I" want to control me.  I want to travel in a few years and so need the money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to see my psychologist next week who got an ear bashing last week because I was sooooo wound up and he tells me it's just stress.   Yeah derr I figure that.

1 Reply 1

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear Marley,

I remember you - sounds like the "arsenic hour" around dinner time is getting to you.  I don't know if you can predict the annoying behaviours from your kids to lessen their impact.   I've only got one 18 yr home as the other 2 kids moved out and I mistakenly believed it would be a breeze with just one child but I was wrong !   I love you take on it - "who just annoy me because they can".

Why don't you spend  1 hrs with a Careers Advisor and do some aptitude tests.  The results will trigger hooking up with the relevant course and the whole thing can be done in small steps.  Hopefully your physical health will not hinder your dreams.   I'm not sure about travel - it seems a fantastic thing but hitting rock bottom on return is a bit daunting.   Why don't you do a few day trips just to get into the hang of escaping and having some time to yourself ?  Even seeing a double bill at the movies is a huge 5 hrs out of the domestic brashness.

I imagine keeping 2 kid quiet whilst you night worker husband sleeps during the day would be an impossible task.  That's a lot of pressure.

Adios, David.

PS  Good to read your post - you probably remember a few names on BB.