FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Homosexual Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Migz
Community Member
There was this one time when i saw a penis, i suddenly got aroused. I don't know why i got aroused but i'm sure that i'm not attracted to men and will never want to be with a man. I keep getting thoughts that i'm gay or bi but deep down, i know i'm straight, then i read about HOCD (Homosexual Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and felt that this is what i'm suffering from. Am i really straight and is this just HOCD?
2 Replies 2

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Migz,

Welcome to the forum.

HOCD is a disorder that should be diagnosed by a professional. It sounds like these intrusive thoughts are upsetting and causing you some distress or worry. It might be a good idea to speak to a councillor or psychologist. They might be able to help you overcome or understand these thoughts.

Your GP can give you a referral through a mental health plan so you can see someone at a reduced cost.

Stay well, Jess

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Migz

Welcome too and good on you for having the courage to reach out to us as well!

Jess334 made a great point above about having a chat with your GP as the first step as you dont need be worried or concerned about thoughts that may be troublesome to you

Reading about any topic can sometimes make us feel worse than we actually are. If you have used DrGoogle for a research vehicle it may be best to leave your concerns to your GP face to face instead. You will feel a lot better for doing so...A double appointment is always a huge help too!

Great to have you as part of the forum family Migz 🙂

my kind thoughts

Paul