FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hey guys just after a little advise

Azza29
Community Member
Im not sure now to word this or if it is even actually anxiety but for the last 6 months mainly only when im away at work (i work 5 weeks on 5 weeks off on a ship) i have this feeling in my chest, like my heart is going faster or like the feeling you would get right before a crash or something like that. I havent been getting it at home just when im here. I have a feeling it has something to do with girls though. Ive had a couple of bad relationships and ive just started a new one and maybe thats making me worried while im away subconsciously? Or maybe its my body telling me i have something wrong and should go get checked out. Im not sure what it is or how to stop it. It kind of hits me for a second then goes for a few seconds then hits me again etc. But not all the time. Just when im not busy thinking of work and other things. If it is the start of anxiety i just thought i should try get on top of it early. Thanks for reading
1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Azza, welcome

We cant diagnose any medical problem so I advise you strongly to get that checked out. It could be anything and it could be potentially serious.

In the meantime find a quiet place without distractions and breathe deeply. The messages the mind gives to the body including the heart is huge and has a big effect.

Take care and pleas pursue this. I've been there and it needs expert analysis.

Ton WK