FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Freaking out about a holiday

Mindful_bubbles
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Any advice welcome on how to handle anxiety outside  your normal comfort zones!! I'm going on a cruise and have a sever peanut allergy. I'm driving myself crazy about "may contain traces" and cross contamination at the buffet. I'm going mental over " might get sea sick" . I really want this to be a fun holiday, but I'm getting really nervous with only 4 weeks to go - Thanks Fellow Beyond Bluers.
2 Replies 2

Sparkles183
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi mindful bubbles.

welcome to beyond blue.

wow going on a cruise that sounds so much fun. I can not give u much advise as I have not been on a cruise yet. But I will be going on one on December... So I don't know too much about cruising.

but as a healthcare worker what I will advise is go talk to your GP before you go about your concerns, and make sure you carry  any of your medication on board with you. Also carry stuff with u In case u do have a reaction. As u may know u can talk to your cruise line about your allergy and they should take care in not serving it to you. And I am sure u know that the buffet is  generally not the only place eat on most major cruise lines so when u are going to eat make sure u just let them know. I am sure many people who cruise has food allergies as well so it is their job to take every precaution to make sure it is not any cross contamination.  

Take care I hope u have lots of fun 

sparkles 

joeljoel
Community Member

Hey Mindful Bubbles, 

I went overseas a couple of years ago and was so excited. but my anxiety made me stress about it so much. I was constantly worried that I would get sick and ruin the holiday. I had fears of having a heart attack on the plane and other irrational thoughts. Once you get there I think you will begin to relax and enjoy yourself. 

Also it might comfort you to know that cruises employ their own medical staff so should something happen you should be in safe hands. 

Have an awesome time!

Joel