FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Helpppp

Anxiety_sucks
Community Member

Hello I’m new here

please does anyone have some advice.My anxiety has been through the roof these last couple of days and I’m struggling to control it please does anyone have any tips on how I can control it I have tried meditation and a few other things I have currently been put on medication but tonight’s tablet hasn’t worked normally if I don’t get it under control it turns in to a full panic attack

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M

Hi Anxiety sucks,

Welcome to the forums, we are so glad that you have reached out here tonight. We can hear how much you're struggling at the moment, but please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space and our community is here to support you through this difficult time.

If you feel up to it, we'd really encourage you to reach out to our Beyond Blue Support Service, which is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer you some support and advice on how to get through this. 

You are not alone here, and we hope that you keep us updated on how you're going whenever you feel ready.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Anxiety sucks

Good on you for having the courage to post and welcome too! New members are always welcome 🙂

I understand your anxiety feelings as I used to have them and they can be awful to experience..Just sharing with you that I have been on meds for a while now

Sometimes our anxiety can increase with various stressful events...Can I ask if you have been going through a stressful time recently? Its only through my own experience with anxiety that meds do help us build a strong platform on which we can heal using ongoing visits to our GP to check our progress

'Controlling' anxiety can sometimes make the symptoms worse....'Accepting' these awful feelings of anxiety makes them less powerful...yet it takes time and practice (depending on your own symptoms of course)

any questions are welcome...there are many gentle people that can be here for you without judgement

my kind thoughts

Paul

Jesicca
Community Member
Hey there,

Something that really helps me when I'm experiencing overwhelming feelings of anxiety is going for a walk around the block and listening to a podcast, music or just nature while doing so. If these feelings come at night you could even do some yoga in your bedroom which is like meditation but you don't really realise you're meditating. "Yoga with Adrienne" on youtube is great in my opinion and she has some specific sessions for anxiety and sleep etc.

Journalling at night also helps me get my overwhelming thoughts out of my head and enables me to articulate what I'm stressing over. It can also help me realise that there is no particular thing I am anxious over but recognising this helps me stop obsessing over figuring out what it is, if that makes sense.

If you feel comfortable to try these just be patient with yourself and remember some nights are harder than others. I've been doing yoga for almost 2 years and some days I just still feel so restless and stressed but I remind myself that trying is better than not trying at all.

I hope this helps, let me know if you want some more specific details about anything I have mentioned.