FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help With MRCP (Pancreas)

InQuestOfPeace
Community Member

Note to the moderators- I am new to the website and thought this is the relevant section to post my query. Please accept my sincere apologies in advance if this is not the right section.

Hello guys,

My wife has been struggling on the health front from last 1 year and has gone through series of tests.

Today I took her for MRCP (MRI of Pancreas, Bile Ducts, Liver etc) and after the scan we were told to wait for the reports.

After 15 minutes of waiting we were handed over only the images and no “report”. By report I mean the summary and diagnosis. When we asked about the report we were told that our referring doctor will interpret himself by going through the images.

We asked the technician/radiologist if test was ok. He politely replied that they are not authorized to discuss that and we should see our doctor.

This is really new to us. For all the ultrasounds, CT scans , xrays etc in the past we were handed over the images along with a paper which will detail the findings.

This incident is making my anxiety worse. Can someone please tell me if this is a standard operating procedure for MRCP?

Is it because they found something serious and wants our doctor to discuss with us?

We have never been to this imaging centre before. Can this be their policy?

Please help as I am feeling dead worried. Earliest I can get hold of the doctor is after 10 days.

Looking forward for some help.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear InQuestOfPeace...

A warm welcome to the forums....

I think that different MRI scan places work differently...Where I get mine done..I am not even handed the films..The films stay at the MRI scanning place for future reference and comparison..The diagnostic report gets sent to my Dr...Then I have to wait until my next appointment to find out the results..

I did ask he once.,if something is wrong do you ring..My Dr. said yes..as soon as she receives the results if something is wrong she will make an immediate appointment for me...

I think different places work differently..I’m sure you ring your Dr and tell him/her about the anxiety your feeling about waiting so long until your next appointment to get the results...Hopefully then your Dr will let you know the results or call you in earlier to get the results from the test...to help with your anxiety...

I really do wish your beautiful wife and you all the luck with the test results....

Talk here anytime you feel up to it...I hope more members call in to support you...Here for you InQuestOfPeace..

My kindest and most caring thoughts..

Grandy..