FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help with Insomnia

gloria10
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get advice with Insomnia today, which has been bothering me for a good couple of weeks. I think I have had one good sleep.

I know some of the issue is noise from the neighbour's and I have ordered some ear plugs to block noise. I have also tried using calming music, which does help, but sometimes I just want peace and quiet, and this rarely happens.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am taking time over the next few days to try and unwind, but if something has worked for you it would be great to know!

Gloria10

4 Replies 4

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi gloria10,

Struggling to get a good nights sleep can be so frustrating, especially when you're feeling tired and want sleep to come. I have experienced insomnia in the past when facing stressful situations, it's great to see that you're going to take a few days to unwind and hopefully that helps! Besides noise from your neighbours are there are any other issues that might be affecting your sleep? Tackling these issues head-on was really helpful for me in the past. 

Beyond that, I always try to follow good sleep hygiene e.g., using the bed only for sleep, not being on screens before bed and even just having clean sheets and a fan on can really help create a comfortable sleeping environment. 

Hope this was helpful!

Beeee

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Gloria,

Sorry your having trouble sleeping….We have a thread on the forums called “Sleep” by Doolholf…. if you search “sleep” in the search bar there are some great ideas and suggestions on there…please feel free to add to the conversations if you feel up to it..

For me when I’m triggered into depression I listen to sleep stories by Dan Jones…They are gentle stories that take your mind into far away places full of peace…I mostly fall asleep while listening to them…Not sure if it will work for you…maybe if you want to give them a try and see how you go….

Hoping so much that tonight you do get some quality sleep…

Thinking of you with kind thoughts and care..

Grandy..

gloria10
Community Member

Thank you Beeee, great advice. I could definitely try turning my phone off at night.

There has been a bit of stuff going on in the family that has been worrying me, but I’m trying to distance myself from it where I can.

I miss having a fan in my room as it can mask noise. It’s been colder than usual so I haven’t needed it just yet.

Perhaps I need to deal with this family stuff in a better way.

Thanks 

Gloria10

gloria10
Community Member

Hi Ggrand,

Sorry for the delay in response.  I appreciate the details and I'll look at the link and the stories. I have previously listened to music, but sometimes I can't get into that. Perhaps having something like that could be a good way to block out noise.

I have realised that there have been a couple of things on my mind that were building up too, that and I think my mattress needs to be turned around 😊

I'll be trying some different noise blockers and try not to nap for too long during the day. Going for a walk around the block today and trying to put less pressure on myself.  Time to make the most of the holidays.

Gloria10