FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Has anybody experienced feelings of jealousy and anxiety together,

Elizabeth32
Community Member
Just wanted to reach out to anyone for advice that has experienced jealousy and anxiety altogether.
Especially during this pandemic I’ve been feeling lonely and seeing family members in relationships has often made me feel lonely and then I get anxiety about never finding a partner and then I get flashbacks of all my bad past experiences with my ex’s. In turn I withdraw from talking to others and keep everything bottled up. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal? How can I overcome it?
1 Reply 1

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Elizabeth32

It's normal to feel isolation right now, and seeing people rely on their partners for comfort and companionship can be frustrating and amplify what we already feel. You aren't alone in this, and it's a valid feeling and a common experience. If you like, we can find ways of dealing with those feelings in a healthy way, so you don't have to withdraw as much? Sometimes some alone time can be very restorative too but there are other ways to feel more connected and not anxious about past experiences too. What do you think, would this interest you?

Tay100