FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Covid, being bullied & death

Zelda_30
Community Member
Thank you so much for approving me.
I suffer from chronic anxiety and depression.
Living in Melbourne atm in iso and am one of the lucky few that have been able to work from home this whole time.
I lost my best friend, my kitty in June of this year, one of my coworkers has been bullying me, even remotely it still happens. And last weekend the partner of a close friend of mine took their own life.
Just really struggling with all of that atm and instead of working past couple days I signed out of all work communications and got drunk.
Today I woke up at 4am and started drinking again.
Probably going to chuck a sickie tomorrow.
Sorry if this post isnt allowed I read the rules and Im pretty sure Im not breaking any but sorry if I am.
Just needed to reach out to others who get what anxiety and depression feels like ⚘
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Zelda_30,

Welcome to our forums. We are so glad you joined us here today. We're so sorry to hear that you have been going through some very difficult times, including losing your best friend and partner of a close friend and experiencing workplace bullying. These are all very difficult and distressing situations, especially to go through them in quick succession. It is great that you reached out here and it was very brave of you to do so. You are in a safe, supportive and non-judgmental place to talk about what you are experiencing.

Can we ask, do you have any mental health support? We understand it can be really tough to cope sometimes. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  Talking to a friendly counselor can be very helpful in talking through overwhelming feelings and can provide some clarity on a difficult situation.

Please keep posting here to let us know how you are doing. Hopefully our wonderful community members will soon chime in with their words of advice and wisdom

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Zelda

I too want to welcome you to the forums and thank you for your making your first post.

Sorry you are experiencing a hard time this year and anxiety and depression can make the experience even more complicated.

I have had a hard year too but fir different reasons, I was badly affected by the fires. Some days are a struggle and I hope my life could go back in time but it won’t.
I have found writing here has helped me and I hope it helps you.

Do you have people who you can talk to who understand you.

I also found keeping a diary helpful.

Thanks so much just by writing here it will help others reading your words not feel so alone.