FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

GAD and Panic Attacks

Birdy3
Community Member

Hi everyone, I’m Aidan and like most of you, I suffer from An Anxiety Disorder as well as Depression. The most prominent is anxiety as it’s the hardest that I’ve found to work on. For 6 years I have been on a roller coaster of symptoms, and I’ve seen multiple psychologists and had plenty of visits to the local GP for check ups due to how debilitating the symptoms can be. Once I’ve worked on symptoms and CBT, new symptoms begin. No triggers, just dizziness, nausea, chills, difficulty breathing and digestive system issues; all of which I’m told are symptoms of a panic attack.

I understand that it takes time and I’m continuously working on myself. I occasionally cannot leave the house due to panic attacks when I’m outside, and even in bed. I’ve taken massive leaps, including the biggest yet of leaving my home of Darwin last year to live in NSW.

In participating in this forum, I hope to communicate with others and hopefully gain a further understanding in Mental illnesses.

1 Reply 1

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy3

Welcome to bb and thanks for sharing your story.

Sounds like the past six years have been rough. Your progress, however, is inspirational. Congratulations on succeeding with your big move, that's an amazing achievement.

I know it's tough. I care for my daughter who has anxiety and OCD. She fell ill 7 years ago at age 13 and she has struggled like you. She has had good days and some very bad days. But she gets up everyday and tries her best.

She graduated high school, attends university and has travelled with friends throughout Europe. She is amazing.

You get ploughing on. You're worth the effort.

Kind thoughts to you