FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling very angry

Maxwell
Community Member

I have just read that Jeff Kennett thinks that people like me who take medication to deal with chronic anxiety are taking 'the easy way out'. Really needed to hear your opinion Jeff. Who the hell do you think you are to make a judgement on me and the thousands like me who rely on medication to live a relatively normal life? I thought Beyond Blue was interested in assisting people like me. Clearly not. You can take your feel good organisation and shove it.

2 Replies 2

beyondblue
Beyond Blue Staff
Beyond Blue Staff

Dear Maxwell,

Jeff in no way meant to say that medication is an easy option.  Anxiety is a serious condition and at beyondblue we know just how tough it is to take the steps to recovery.  Medication is one of a number of treatment options that are available and for many people it is very successful.  We are sorry if we have in any way caused you distress.   

Kate Carnell  B. Pharm

beyondblue CEO

Why did Jeff Kennett create Beyond Blue?
2000. It was a conversation with his daughter, following the loss of two of his daughter's young male friends to suicide, that sparked the inception of Beyond Blue for the Hon. Jeff Kennett AC. A national dialogue kicked off, focusing on awareness of depression and reducing the associated stigma.