FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost

Guest_31823482
Community Member

I am really struggling right now.... 

My mum has metastatic lung cancer, terminal cancer. I'm devastated. 

I have a small business and have a large tax bill coming up, as well as BAS bills for the next financial year... I am trying to work out how to pay this but reduce my earnings so I don't qualify for BAS which will reduce my bills.... 

I suffer from chronic migraines, and have fainted 2x times... and saw mt doxtor today, and have just been told I may not be able to drive for 6 months... which means I cant pay my bills!!!!! 

I am so lost, I dont know how to get through this .... 

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi there,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for being so open in sharing what has been going on for you lately. We hear you have a lot on your plate but we're glad you could share here in our community.

It sounds like a really difficult time, and we can hear how overwhelming it is to be dealing with your Mum's illness and your own health while managing a small buisness. We’d really recommend reaching out to the Griefline counsellors on 1300 845 745 (6am-12am AEDT), to talk about how this affecting you and receive support tools and coping strategies. 

It’s also really important to check in with yourself while you’re going through this, so it might be good to have a look at our pages on looking after yourself while supporting someone. A really important one of those is reaching out - the Beyond Blue counsellors are here for you if you’d like to talk this through on 1300 22 4636, or via online chat.

It is so important that you look after yourself during these times and they can help you, or just be there if you want to talk.  We are here to support you and you are not alone. Thank you so much for sharing here. Please feel free to share a bit more and let us know what is going on for you, and what might help, if you feel comfortable.  

Kind regards,  

Sophie M