FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling empty and anxious

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I am feeling a bit empty and anxious, actually sick in the pit of my stomach.  I had a week off on the Gold Coast with my husband which was really nice.  But now I'm home (another week off work) and I am feeling empty, depressed and anxious.  I don't understand why I'm feeling like this; I'm feeling panicky going back to work next week. 

I know I can't be "on holidays" forever.  I just feel like I want to be somewhere else; it's a weird feeling (can't really explain).

I didn't feel like this while away; it's only been today that I feel like this. It's like I can't handle all the day to day stuff - house, kids, dinners, house cleaning, bills, etc. I just don't want to know about any of it.

I don't know, I'm not making sense - I wish i was away forever.

Jo

2 Replies 2

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Jo, 

Not that it helps, but I think it’s normal for you to be feeling like this given what you’re going through.  You are making sense.  

The holiday was always going to be a break, a respite, it sadly was not going to fix everything at once.

I’ve experienced similar when going through really bad patches, then going away on a trip and feeling amazing.  It would frustrate me so much – why can’t I feel like this all the time?  Then I realised it was because the stressors had been temporarily removed.  I still had to work through them when I got back, and that’s the tough part. 

But you can do it, it’s such a cliché, but it’s one day at a time and I honestly think the holiday has helped lift the lid on the pressure cooker for you, based on your posts since you’ve come back.  You are making progress. 

best
CB

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.  You do an amazing job reading and replying to lots of people, it's fantastic what you do!!!!

It feels like I have made one step forward (being away on holidays) and two steps back (being home again).

I have to remember to take one day at a time. Thanks for saying I'm making progress, it means a lot. I only wish others that see me could say it to me also and i wish i had my parents could tell me that as well (sorry I'm crying, it's almost 3rd yr of not seeing them)

No, you're right I am making progress,

Thanks again

Jo

ps,  do you think you could change your photo - I'm sick of seeing that Hawthorn scarf!!!!!