FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling edgy

GuestYD
Community Member

Hi all

I find weekends a bit stressful because my family are all at home and it gets a bit too much for me.

I feel really on edge now (so on high alert) and also anxious. I'm feeling tightness in chest too.

My dog has made me relax a little bit and I've got the house to myself tomorrow so the quietness will be nice.

LC

2 Replies 2

Janey123
Community Member

Hi Little Cavvie,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious.

I find having lots of people around me can trigger my anxiety in certain situations too, my home is my sanctuary from that luckily. Can you have a relaxing bath? Or listen to something with your headphones on? I find that helps me get into my own little bubble, away from whatever else is going on.

Enjoy your peace tomorrow!

Janey

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Little Cavvie,

Ah yes, the infamous overwealming feeling that comes with anxiety. I have had mini anxiety attacks when being in a house full of people, not so much with just family home, but I can understand how it would feel. We all need an "Escape", as Janey said above, can you maybe take a bath or music even? Some relaxing music?... I love the sound of water trickling down something so I want to get one of those mini fountains to ease my anxiety when I get it. I find they calm me heaps, maybe something to consider.

My best for you,

Jay