FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Emetophobia

Emetophobic
Community Member

Hi

I'm just looking to find help with my emetophobia. I've always had it but it has become extremely bad since having children. My son is and my daughter is 4 and is attending preschool. I'm so scared she brings home stomach bug. They have been I'll before and I landed up in hospital for dehydration as I wouldn't eat or drink anything as I was afraid that I would get the bug and have nothing to vomit. I HATE going to shops as I'm scared of germs and I'm also very careful about what I eat. I will not eat takeaways or food that was not prepared by myself. Anyone here with the same issue?

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Emetophobic, welcome to the forums.  We have had a number of threads on this pop up previously - while they are not recent threads, you may find some helpful insights contained in them.

If you use the search bar at the top of the page (magnifying glass in the mobile view) and type in "emetophobia", it will return a list of previous forum threads on this topic for you to read and post in.