FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

anyone else have an eating disorder but seems to keep a stable weight?

chloel7
Community Member
ive had an eating disorder for about half a year now, i find that people like my friends dont notice (which is good ) because yes i starve myself but i also binge constantly and only am sometimes able to purge. im 5 3 and have been 45 kilos for a while now, ive actually gained a kilo surprisingly considering my restrictive diet im on rn. I just wrote this bcs i havent met anyone else who hasnt had their weight dramatically plummet or increase during their ed so im just wondering if anyone else is the same.
1 Reply 1

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chloe and welcome to Beyond Blue forums

Thought I'd pop in to say hi and let you know your not alone. While I don't have an eating disorder, I do have anxiety, depression and PTSD that does cause eating issues. It's the other way for me - my weight goes up, rather than down.

45kg is very small for 5'3. Couldn't imagine you'd want to lose any more weight.

Have you had a look at some of the threads on eating disorders that already exist in the forums? you could do a google search for -

eating disorder - beyond blue

You might find one that helps you out.

Kind regards

PamelaR