FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and maybe depression

Guest_64938635
Community Member

Lately or even for a while now I have had anxeity. Previously I had depression for a while but feel I have some what over come it and sometimes have it over time. 

2 Replies 2

Ranga-1
Community Member

Anxiety sucks. Do you have any coping mechanisms to help you deal with it? When I had it REEEAAAALLLY bad a few years ago, I would experience heart palpitations - I was so scared I ended up calling myself an ambulance. I saw my GP and had a mental health care plan made. It helped me a lot. I haven't had palpitations for a few years although I do still get anxious. When I realised I was going to have palpitations, I told them to eff off and that they weren't going to win. Be kind to yourself. 

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to our forums. 

I've struggled with anxiety for a long time as well, in various forms. For anxious thoughts, I like the sense of relief that journaling offers, and how it can help me make sense of what I'm feeling. If I'm struggling with my breathing and other physical feelings of anxiety, getting some fresh air can help a lot, or focusing on my senses to ground myself. There are other ways of managing anxiety as well, depending on what exactly you're feeling and when you're feeling it.

Have you tried any techniques before, or have any that have been recommended to you? Do you have anything you know that triggers your anxiety, or does it seem to happen quite randomly?

Please continue chatting with us if you'd like, we're here for you.

All the best, SB