FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and depression

Snickers24
Community Member
Hi I'd like to get some advice about how you manage anxiety. Mine is out of control. I am now confined to the house. I can't go to the supermarket to get groceries . I can't drive my car properly or go long distances. I can't do anything. This is causing depression. I'm already on an anti psychotic for schizophrenia. I don't know what to do.
1 Reply 1

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Snickers24 and welcome to Beyond Blue forums

I feel for you Snickers because I know how anxiety can be debilitating at times. The good news though, it is manageable. Not being able to get out of the house or drive the car sounds like it really has a hold on you. How long have you had anxiety? Who do you see about it on a regular basis, for example your GP, or other health professional?

What support network do you have for your schizophrenia? For example a local SANE group?

There is a thread under the anxiety forum - Tips for managing anxiety. Many people have posted how they manage their anxiety symptoms. There are many different things you can do.

It's good you're reaching out to our community of caring, friendly, supportive and non judgmental people.

You're not alone with what you are experiencing - there are many out there who read and understand what you're going through. Some who feel okay enough, will help you by providing some response. Just to let you know we're listening and caring.

Kind regards

PamelaR