FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone and confused

Izfish
Community Member
I am so so confused at the moment. So for about 2ish years I have been battling social anxiety by myself. Like I am completely alone. I really struggle to open up to people, I just don’t have anyone around me who I feel comfortable talking to except my running coach. Anyway so long story short I finally texted him after 2 years of hesitation. The feeling of being so alone and cut off from everyone was just too much. So I reached out to him (it literally took everything I had in me). I talked to him about feeling so alone and that I didn’t know what to do (I didn’t mention my social anxiety because I thought that could be another conversation for another time). He was really supportive and calmed me down and made me feel there was someone else in this world I could rely on other than myself. But now I am questioning whether he cares about me and wants to help because it has been about 3-4 weeks and he still hasn’t brought it up since that night. And now I just feel stupid and back at square 1 (maybe even further back because I always told myself if things got bad I could rely on my coach to help) but now I have no one. I seriously have no idea what to do. I hate feeling this way. You know that quote everything happens for a reason? Well I am really struggling to find a reason for why this is happening to me and why it has been going for 2 years, and that when I finally build up enough courage to talk to someone, it isn’t what I thought it would be. Seriously I am so confused and frustrated. I am sick of always feeling this way and always crying myself to sleep without anyone to turn to
3 Replies 3

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Izfish

Thank you for your post and again welcome to the forums. I see you have another thread Social Anxiety. Since that thread is the same as this one. I'll respond to you there. To help support everyone in the best way possible, it's generally thought that having the one thread makes it easier all around. So if you're okay with this I'll get the moderator to roll up your posts into the one thread?

Kind regards

PamelaR

Izfish
Community Member

Hi PamelaR

Thats sounds great about having them in the same thread. Thankyou

Hi Izfish, 

We understand you're feeling confused and need some support right now.

When seeking support on the forums, we really encourage members to use one thread rather than starting new ones. It's really difficult for the community to keep up with your story if you have multiple threads going at once, and you may find yourself having to repeat information if your story is spread across the forum. There's a lot of value in seeing how someone's story evolves over time, and when facing a new crisis it's helpful to scroll back and see how you've coped previously.

While we are unable to merge threads, we're going to close this one and invite you to jump back into your previous thread here: Social anxiety