FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

boyfriend troubles and anxiety

cocosmith
Community Member

Hi. So about 2 months ago my boyfriend and I had a really awful fight. It lasted for about 2 weeks and we were still really struggling for that whole month. I have never felt so low. I was having trouble eating, sleeping, and just managing day to day functioning. On top of this all I was overseas on a family holiday and he was at my house taking care of it for my family (which he left while we were overseas because thats when the fight started). The fight was not his fault nor was it mine it was sort of circumstances but it touched on some really difficult topics for both of us (wont go into the whole thing). My boyfriend is also my best friend; he probably knows me better than anyone and he is always the person I go to when I'm struggling (still have plenty of other friends). so- when we were fighting I felt so messed up because i felt i had no one to go to because no one really understood how much he means to me and knew all my secrets (for example, my dads an alcoholic and my boyfriend is the only person i have been able to talk about it with). I was so messed up while we were fighting and i have never been so anxious in my life. Anyway, eventually we talked through our problems and its been a while and we are basically back to normal and have talked about dealing with fights better in the future- but i am so paranoid about having those same feelings of anxiety again even if us parting ways if for something totally out of my control and normal like him falling out of love with me.

So- i don't know how to move forward and deal with this- would love some advice. xx

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi cocosmith,

Welcome to the community here. It sounds like this issue has caused you some anxiety and upset. Congratulations on being able to talk things through with your boyfriend, open and honest communication helps when relationships have difficulties.

It may be beneficial to have a look at information on how to deal with anxiety, so you can build up what is called a "Tool box" meaning you learn ways now to deal with anxiety issues if they arise again in the future.

You know what you don't want to experience again, so that is a great start! Dealing with issues before they escalate helps.

Writing about issues can also help, so you have made a great start.

All the best to you, from Dools