FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Your Never Alone

Jassa
Community Member

Hi

I am making this post to tell people, your not alone. It is absolutely okay not to be okay. I am to am struggling, recently I lost my friend, my supporter, my guider, my protector. I lost my dad to mental health. My dad lost took his own life this year on Fathers Day. I will always be his daddy little girl

I wished my dad spoke and understood that is okay to not be okay. I have a promise, I made him. i will promise to help break the stigma of mental health.

I sit here today, I had to post this to allow myself and remind myself it is okay not to be okay.

Lets all break down the stigma of mental health.

We all have a roll to play to make that happen.

8 Replies 8

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

You are an absolute champion Jassa

Firstly my deepest and utmost sincere thoughts for you that you have lost so many special people to suicide, it is so hard. I am now 9 weeks into my new life as I grieve the loss of my 19 year old brother to suicide.

I cannot echo your words loud enough and I am with you 1000% on this journey to smash the stigma of mental health and of suicide.

My hope for the future is that it is as easy to ask someone " are you thinking about suicide?" as it is to ask if "do you have a migraine?" and that people will respond in the very same way and ask what they need and what they can do to help.

Thank you from the bottom of my hear Jassa, I feel like we as a community can do this!

All the best to you and yes...It is more than ok not to be okay!

Sarah

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Jassa,

I hear you loud and clear; it's ok not to be ok. It brings comfort to hear those words.

I'm really sorry to hear of what happened and my condolences. It's terribly tragic and hard and I commend you to want to break down the stigma in your father's honour.

From personal experience sometimes we dont accept ourselves but to know it's ok to not be ok is a huge relief. Thankyou for speaking to me today.

Im sure you've experienced many ups and downs through grieving your father and I encourage you to keep on writing if you feel it helps.

I think you're brave.

MMx

Jassa
Community Member

Thank you so much for your support.

I need to constantly remind myself that it is ok to not be ok.

I do believe and hope one day we can openly talk about mental and suicide so openly.

Always here for you.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jassa

I feel so happy that if the future of our youth has your attitude then things are going to be amazing in this space as good people like you know the importance of mental health and that we do need to talk about suicide and all the stigma attached to it and make it "normal" for people to be able to discuss it and share feelings on it.

I thank you for your kind words and support to me and this is how my healing is looking for me, being able to talk to amazing humans like you.

Hope you have a wonderful day Jassa

Cheers

AS

Jassa
Community Member

Hey Aaronsis's

How are you coping now with the loss of your brother to suicide. Remember it is okay to continue to talk about your grief, about your loss, about you brother and most of all it is okay to struggle.

Here if you ever want to chat. Coming from someone who is grieving a lost to suicide.

Hey Monkey _ magic

How are you going?

Remember it is okay to not be okay. It is okay to struggle.

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Jassa,

Thanks for those words. Yes I do struggle...

When someone understands it means a lot.

I've got good exciting things happening in my life and bad disastrous things happening...trying to change the bad but it hasn't been easy.

How have you been?

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Jassa

It is great to chat to you again and I wanted to say thankyou for checking in on me, for asking how I am doing, that is really very kind and very thoughtful and I really appreciate it.

I really cannot believe that we as a family are now 10 months since we lost my brother, so much has happened to us, both good and some not so good, however we are stronger and somehow more close, which is a rainbow after the storm if that is possible.

I have lost two other people in this time to suicide also so that has been a very hard thing to manage as suicide was not something I knew much about, let alone had to live with, and here I am now with three people that have died this way, in 10 months....just heart breaking.

I thank you though for checking in on me, the days get easier and the tears still come and go, but overall I am ok.

Great to chat to you Jassa

Sarah