FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to Overcome Depression?

DaenOwens96
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

How do I overcome Depression? 

1. Is there a cure?
  2. Will It ever go away?
  3. Will I have to take Anti-Depressants for the rest of my life?

1 Reply 1

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi Daen

Firstly welcome to Beyond Blue and you know what;  if I could truly answer those questions, as in, if I knew the absolute answers to those questions, I'd be retiring very soon being a multi-millionaire!!

Overcoming depression is a long hard road - it's a mental slog that become physical as well because it wears you down so much mentally that you become physically tired and exhausted.

Is there a cure?  There's no one thing that you could say is a cure.  There are many things that need/can be done to assist sufferers while they battle with it;  assist them to make them cope better while they suffer.  I could go into the many different methods, but you may already know them;  but would be happy to share with you if you would like.

I believe that for some people, yes, depression can be put to sleep within one's person.  Whether it ever goes away though say from within that person could be a topic for great debate.  I really don't know.  As in, can a person who has suffered from depression ever come out the other side and not be afflicted by it again EVER?  I don't know.

Your Q.3 is totally on a case by case/person by person basis.  No-one can answer that for another person and it'd be damned hard to answer that question for one's own self.  Unless we've got a crystal ball.

But Daen (I'm assuming that's your first name that you'd like to be called here?) you've created a very interesting thread, and I'd be heaps interested to read what others thought are on your questions.

I see you've posted 4 times;  I'm not sure if you're reached out somewhere else for help from this site and the many wonderful members or not with regard to your own situation, but if you haven't, now might be a good time to do that.  If you feel ok to do so?

Kind regards

Neil