FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Got no idea anymore

Tmac22
Community Member

Hey guys haven’t been back in a long time but currently 22 years old finished first degree had a job all be it an internship ready to go then covid hit, graduated 3 months later without much to show for it and due to the fact that the economic ramifications are still affecting my industry I’ve decided to be proactive and get another degree in accounting whilst gaining a few credits from previous study.

in saying that I am so lost, I basically did the degrees because that’s what was expected of me and my family who is in the industry have really been unhelpful whilst me attempting to find work experience is not a position I can be put in due to my job being financially secure and having to split my wage to give to struggling family members.

this has put me in a rut as I am very far off financially where I could be and have missed out on heck of a lot of opportunities because family is so reliant on me to pay for daily grocery expenses etc which hard for me to deal with right now.

not even sure what I want to do with life either I know I have a very analytical mind and I do enjoy studying however my thoughts have drifted to mute physical jobs ie trades but even then at my age is almost impossible to start and be successful even if I do pre app subjects.

any guidance would be heavily heavily appreciated in what I should be doing

1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tmac it is hard when you finally finish a degree then wonder if it really suits you.

Can you talk to your parents about how you are feeling. .?