FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feelin like a fako | Why am I so caught up in my own worthless issues?

Kiki207
Community Member

I feel like a fako attention seeker...

Hey everyone, im Kiki and im 12 yo.

I feel like a fako because my little tiny first world issues look dumb next to real depression. Im probably just a lonely drama queen in need of sympathy. I go to a friend for help and shes all sympathetic and says stuff like 'feeling for you' or 'omg poor you'. After she says stuff like that I feel... comforted. Like i got what i wanted. Thats what my inner voice says anyways.

I post one of my small issues like "Are my friends jealous of me?!?!?!" Then i read posts about people who have actually hit rock bottom and have it way worse than me. I feel stupid. Am i just looking for attention or am i really depressed? I feel empty, like Im lying to everyone about who i am. I dont feel anything, just emptiness. I feel like im just sorry for myself. Some days im happy and perfectly fine, but the next i hate everything in the mirror and every little thing i do. Im in a love hate relationship with the mirror, and i dont know how to make it better.

Youre probably wasting your time if youve read up to here. But thank you, really. If you have time, replies would be very much appreciated.

xox

Kiki

13 Replies 13

Kiki207
Community Member

Hi Ebi,

Thank you for your generous post, I really feel ready to tell my parents about my recent struggles. Thanks for just being here and constantly replying and helping me. I can tell that you and many others have made significant changes in my behaviour and thoughts. You have helped me realise that i am important.

xox

Kiki

dumb_plant
Community Member

kiki i feel you man, you get guilty over your feelings and it just makes you feel worse. sorry i have no advice to give you i'm trash as at giving advice, just know your feelings are valid and just because someone has it worse than you doesn't mean you shouldn't feel the way you do. i think we are both just a bit too hard on ourselves.

don't worry.

Dumb plant,

Thanks for replying even though you had no advice to give. To be honest, I'm really fragile and one small sentence can change the way I feel for the rest of the day, even the week sometimes, for better or for worse.

For example, when you said, just know ypur feelings are valid and just because someone has it worse than you doesn't mean you shouldn't feel the way you do. That really helped me, despite the fact that I've heard it many times before. Maybe just knowing that someone cares calms me.

Anyways, thank you, I really appreciate your reply (I know I say that every time but I really do mean it)

Xox

Kiki

Papercranes
Community Member

Hi,

I'm in year ten this year and I often feel like a fraud. I get so stressed about schoolwork and my marks and I get upset about it all the time but then I go to school and talk to my friends who have problems that mean they have bigger things to worry about than what they get on year ten exams and I feel so guilty about complaining. I am really lucky with the life I was born into because I live in a country and area in which there are no wars or excessive violence or poverty, and I have heaps of great people in my life who don't pressure me to get good marks and support me but this somehow I don't seem to be able to just be thankful for what I have.

I don't really know how this forum thing is supposed to work, sorry if this is irrelevant.

papercranes