FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Break ups suck

lemonyb
Community Member

Hey- hope whoever’s reading this is having a sweet day so far.

I’m currently dealing with a pretty crap situation, and a confusing break up.

If anyone has any advice on how to cheer myself up or distract myself, please feel free to let me know!

11 Replies 11

lemonyb
Community Member

Hi Birdy

The last few days have honestly been pretty stressful for me 😕 How have you been doing?

I'm glad I found the group chat myself, I joined it a couple more times, and plan to again when it opens again 🙂

And I did actually find some inspiration with my art homework- I completed a painting today (for homework), but other than that I've found watching YouTube or playing the Sims is a nice way to take my mind off of things.

I would have to agree that "glum" is kind of like onomatopoeia! It's a hard word to really fit into a set category haha.

Hopefully your puzzle had all of it's pieces, it sounds like quite a cute puzzle, I'm not entirely sure where you get the patience for 1000 pieces though. Let me know how it goes 🙂

zguenzl
Community Member

Hey Lemonyb,

I hope you're doing well today.

During moments when I'm feeling down, I like to spend time with my friends/family/people not associated with the situation.

This helps to remind me that there is life outside of this one person and the world doesn't stop turning just because they're gone.

Maybe this will help?

I also love reading and reading about mindfulness really helped. Do you like reading? If you do I'd recommend The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson - so funny but also really insightful.

All the best,

Zoe