FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Being unfriended and how to cope

AliC_
Community Member

I need advice.

Recently I had a big falling out with my ex boyfriend (who I thought I was still on somewhat good terms with) and majority of our mutual friends due to my “not being able to get over the break up” and my mental health issues which have gotten more severe recently due to a heap of other circumstances. I’m in therapy with a counsellor and waiting to see a psychiatrist to work on it more but the general gist is anxiety, depression, and possibly adhd or ptsd (under investigation)

anyway this week I noticed that two of my friends and my ex unfriended me and blocked me on social media which I am heartbroken about as I genuinely thought that in a few months once I was in a better place we could work it all out. What do I do now? Where do I go from here?

15 Replies 15

AliC_
Community Member
Literally anything and everything socially. I play games, hang with friends etc

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

That’s nice…..

Have you ever tried meditation? I try to meditate every day it really helps me to relax my mind…….

I hope your day has been a good day.

Hi AliC,

I completely hear you. It can be so difficult when you see things about your ex friends or ex boyfriend because it almost pushes an automatic 'ick' feeling button in you. I definitely felt that when I was going through a tough time regarding an ex friend. It is incredibly painful but I let myself feel the emotions and then tried to let them pass naturally like clouds in the sky. In the beginning I find that my mind is processing the pain and what happened so it's more at the forefront of my mind. Through time I found that I slowly came to terms with things. Sometimes I feel triggered or upset by something I see but it becomes less frequent and the feelings are less strong. It is very tricky though, I completely hear that.

AliC_
Community Member
Apologies I didn’t reply fully earlier I accidentally sent the reply without finishing it haha. Thank you for your advice and I’ll definitely try meditation but I find it difficult to be still and with my thoughts

AliC_
Community Member
Absolutely thank you for kind words. I spoke with an emergency counsellor who helped me come to terms that I’m grieving 3 seperate things at the moment - one after the other that has made it hard to move through each individual relationship. I’m going to try and work on that a bit

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi AliC,

Thats ok 😊

I understand, the great thing about meditation is that we can learn that we aren’t our thoughts but the watcher of our thoughts.. it takes practice

You can deliberately start to renew your mind ….feed your mind with positive things about yourself…… and keep building…….. our inner thoughts create how we perceive the world so make your thoughts wonderful.