FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Obesity and depressed

Jessicaman
Community Member

Hi everyone

I always had depression and in last one year I become obese after my son s birth.

I become so obese that I couldn't work .

I am a HealthCare workers.

I am now staying home for 3 months and eating healthy , exerciseing to lose weight .

I am so effected because my weight was the thing which made me unable to work.i feel so responsible for that .

I also wonder that will I ever be able to work normally.

Will I ever be able to loose weight.

Will my life ever return to normal.

These anxious thoughts making me so depressed.

If anyone can help me

With some suggestions.

4 Replies 4

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Jessicaman,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for joining us. I'm really glad you're here and reaching out.

If there's one thing I know about weight and obesity is that it's never about the number on the scale - but about how you're feeling with yourself and your body.

Thinking about the number on the scale or even the focus to lose weight can be devastating - and I know that sometimes we can get into the pattern where that's the only thing that seems to matter.

Can I ask what support that you have around you? If you're seeing someone like a psychologist or a dietician (especially helpful if you're not sure how to go about changing how you eat)?

I hope you can find some support within these forums - there's a lot of really lovely people in here. There's also the 'Staying Well' section that focuses a lot on self-care and wellness too - https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well

rt

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good morning Jessicaman!!!

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your story. I really appreciate that. You are a very brave person!!! Well done on that!!! Since you are open about your problem, half of the battle has already been won!!!

First of all, I have also greatly suffered from depression, social and generalized anxiety, and phobias and on top experienced obesity and eating disorder throughout my childhood and adolescence. I know completely how it feels. That is why I really want to work with you and we can definitely get through this!

After reading your post, I think you are doing everything to lose weight - eating clean/exercising etc. Good job!! But the problem I think is that there is some self-doubt in your journey, am I correct? Please correct me!

I think self-doubt is a good thing because it happens when you are doing everything that is required (completely immersed in the process). But not too much where it can drain your energy. To me, you are doing great but try focusing on daily goals, like short term goals, try not to focus on the result. It will happen!! And as you focus on the day to day goals everything will come in harmony.

Hope that helps.

Please tell me about your daily routine and what are support activities you are currently undertaking?

Talk to you soon

Thankyou so much for replying me .

I m going for walk for an hour and also taking low calorie diet.

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best for your journey!!! Please keep me updated on your progress!!