FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newcomer

Julia I
Community Member

Hi there

my name is Julia - new to the group and have been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately - can anyone relate and if so any suggestions on coping methods - I practice my breathing etc but sometimes need more - on my own and have no one to talk to really that understands how I am feeling - just me and my two dogs - tried to put up a profile picture but would not work for me

2 Replies 2

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi julia!

Welcome to the forums, i hope you find it to be a safe space to address your concerns.

mindfulness is a very effective tool i use - you should try the apps smiling mind or calm - they guide your in meditation, so you aren't alone!

another thing that really helped me was seeing a psychologist - maybe you could speak to your doctor about this?

i hope things improve soon,

jaz xx

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Julia!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with anxiety, and I'd like to second Jaz's welcome to our forums.

I'm a very social person so for me, when I'm on the verge of a panic attack or I'm feeling anxious, being around people who I'm close to can have a very calming effect. Even confiding in somebody close to me about my feelings can be comforting, as they can potentially share their experiences and help me feel less isolated in my own.

If you have a few hobbies or passions that you could engage in, I find that these tend to offer me some kind of distraction from negative thoughts or anxiousness, which helps me a lot.

You can check out some of our other threads if you'd like, we have a forum section dedicated to people who struggle with anxiety. You may find solace in reading about others who have had common experiences.

I would suggest having a chat to your GP, or a therapist, counsellor or psychologist, and they may be able to offer your some professional advice for your anxiety.

Please keep chatting with us here if you'd like. We're here to support you.

All the best, SB