FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New in Australia seeking help

crish
Community Member
Hi guys,
I am relatively new to Australia. I came in on a work visa and have been working here for almost 2 years now. But due anxiety, I have barely gone out and made any friends. And the Covid-19 has made the situation even worse. I was wondering what would be the easy way to get help.
I tried to visit to GP and get consultation and further help if necessary. But, the aspect of visit a doctor(stranger) and talking about my problems seems too daunting and haven't been able to do so.
Any suggestions?
1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello crish,

A very warm welcome to our forums,,,

Im really sorry that your struggling with your anxiety..

crish do you have an interests or hobbies... that you like doing..,their could be a club or group in your area... with your interest that you could join...

Well done reaching out to a Dr..for your mental health...that’s okay crish, it’s also very hard for me to talk to strangers as well...I swallowed hard, took a deep breath and met my Dr. a few years ago...Now she is no longer a stranger to me...she is so very caring and kind towards me...

Crish...If it’s too hard for you to talk to your Dr. about your thoughts and feeling..you could write out what you want to say to the Dr. and hand it to him....Remember crish..the first meeting is hard to do when they are strangers,,,but they don’t stay strangers after your first visit....

Talk here anytime you feel up to it..we are here for you..

My kindest and most caring thoughts,,

Grandy..