FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New here!

BBriony
Community Member

Finding today a little bit tough and somehow stumbled into this site.

I’m in my late 30s and my Dad passed away in November and then my dog died the week before Christmas. I found out today that I now have to work from home until February due to CoVID and it all just feels like a lot. My dog had always been such a companion through prior lockdowns and now I don’t know how to manage. The loneliness and isolation I now feel is just a bit more than I had prepared myself for this year.

I am sure there are plenty of people in a similar situation but it just feels a bit crappy at the moment and I can’t see any silver linings

2 Replies 2

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi BBriony,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it is for you.

Yes it is the darkest period for many of us, and the worst part is, no one knows when and how it will end.

But maybe you can think from another angle. Maybe you have more personal time than ever before. Maybe you have a better chance to think quietly about the future. Maybe you have important things you've always wanted to do, but life's trivialities distract you. Maybe you have a big hobby you've always wanted to develop, but it's been delayed for a long time. Maybe you can read some books and do more exercise......

Yes we all need social connections, we all need companion. Maybe you can try to reconnect with friends you haven't seen in a long time. Maybe you can join some online communities to interact with new friends (e.g. Clubhouse). Maybe you want to start looking for a new pet.

Try to ask yourself what you want and you might get some answers.

And you're not alone, many of us here are ready to listen and support.

Hope everything will become better and better.

Mark

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

BBriony

welcome to the forums.

I am sorry for your grief . I can feel your isolation and loneliness in your post.
Everyone grieves in their own way and grieving is important to cope with loss.

A pet can help with the loss of a parent so it would be so hard for you.

You are not alone and we are listening.