FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New and....erm, feeling a bit nervous

Auton
Community Member

Hey all - new around here.

Just realised my handle probably isn't the best for these forums - but it's literally a Doctor Who reference as I love that show!.

Hope everyone is ok , especially any Sydney friends that read this - it'll get better!!!

Had a long battle with anxiety and confidence issues. Still going. Tried counselling, worked for a while until my partner and I lost 2 babies back to back, then I kinda shut down.

Used to drink too much in my teens/twenties. Son of an ex junkie (i saved his life by being born essentially). I have same personality traits as my old man so i have removed booze from my life and never touched recreational drugs (except weed as a youngster).

That's the short story lol. Oh and I love Doctor Who, Wrestling (watching not doing lol), Music, Rick and Morty and Gaming.

Why am I here? Well, I always like to invest time to help others, sometimes to a fault lol. I want to get involved, I want to see if I can help people, make people feel more positive, give them advice or just make em laugh. I'm no expert but I thoughtful and wise beyond my 41 years, plus my wife always says I'm really good at this kind of thing and she's usually right haha.

Thanks for reading !!

27 Replies 27

Auton
Community Member
I'll be there tomorrow!! haha

Hello UltimaMic, I agree there is much in common between David and myself.

Geoff.

Guest9337
Community Member

Ok ok Geoff. I'll tell ya about Dr Death, Geoff.

He's mean, but not green.

Dressed in black with a broad back.

Masked and Unmasked at his whim.

You would never call him a crim.

He doesn't drink,

for he was long an ambo.

And saw too much of the other

liquids and from whence they came.

Right, yeh he is actually a good bloke, but would take some interesting err, offensively defensive verbally accurate arguments about why wrestling isn't all fake!

Simply put, accidents happened. A too tight a grip here. A miss judged distance there. An off balance fall. Chucking around athletic men is bound to cause a few real injuries.

Auton
Community Member

ok changed my name to avoid people thinking I'm an actual doctor lol

Jodz

Guest9337
Community Member

aww, Auton I was going to hit you up for prescriptions!

Auton
Community Member

hhaahaaa i can still sort them out wink wink

IM JOKING MODS !!

Guest9337
Community Member

I could do with some 31st century anti-d's please, maybe a mood stabiliser too, but I kinda like the swings lately!

What u doin today?

Auton
Community Member
haha, we're just chillin at home, I'm doing some PC hard drive house keeping (renaming etc) so that's fun haha