FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Middle aged male from country Vic

MainlyG
Community Member

Hi all...an introduction firstly.

I am 39 and have been living in regional Vic after moving from Melbourne 12 years ago.

Like all. The last 24 months have been tough, well it's only really hit me the last 6 to 9 months I guess.

The last 3 months have been toughest, with me accepting I may have anxiety (first time).

With that has come physical issues that have affected my way of life.

I'm 39, feeling 69 at the moment, but better than where I was 2 months ago, where I felt 89!

4 Replies 4

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums and thank you for being so open. I can see that you are going through a tough time. You have been so strong.

I am proud that you have accepted you have anxiety. Have you seen your local GP or a mental health profession about that?

If you don't mind me asking, what type of physical issues?

Stay safe and I am always here to chat.

MainlyG
Community Member

Hi Sophia.

Good to meet you.

Six months ago I just hit a wall, being totally rundown.

Which is strange because I was basically at home 90% due to pandemic.

I was working from home part time but getting paid full-time so I was pretty lucky.

I w

MainlyG
Community Member

Hi Sophia, mainly aches and pains all over body, gut issues (possible IBS).

Been to doctor about 8 times in 4 months for different tests.

We spoke about anxiety briefly, but weeks later the Doc quit the clinic.

I'm better than I was 2 months ago but still struggle to get out of bed due to aches and pains.

12 months ago I was 38 and felt 28.

Now I'm 39 and feel 69.

I have improved my diet, that has helped my gut to a degree but aches and pains have actually got worse.

Some of me actually thinks maybe this is how a 39yo should feel but I know I shouldn't be feeling this crap.

Started on fitness again a few weeks ago which was good for 2 weeks, then bang aches and pains are back which I now needs meds for.

I felt quite anxious 6 months ago which may have contributed to this.

The last month I do feel less stress but the sun is out and it's holiday season.

This is all coming from someone who never experienced anxiety in first 39 years.

I think pandemic and being home a lot could be a factor.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi MainlyG,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way, I understand anxiety can be difficult to deal with.

You can learn to manage your anxiety, by seeing your gp and doing a mental health plan… this will enable you to see a psychologist who can give you many strategies for anxiety.