FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to this Forum

Be Who You Are
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Everyone

I am Amanda and I suffer from Social Anxiety. I am tired of suffering alone and no-one understands how I am feeling. I just want to connect with people who feel the same.

4 Replies 4

Kaz000
Community Member

Hi Amanda,

I’m the same. I dislike large crowds and loud environment. I am very introvert too, which doesn’t help.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Be who you are, and waves to Kaz

Welcome and thanks for your posts.

Thanks for being honest it is hard explaining how one feels with social anxiety.

I sometimes am a talker and appear confident but that masks my insecurities and often I say too much and ramble on and all i want to do is go home.

How do you both cope? Do you avoid situations or do you have a way of coping with social gatherings.

unfortunately I avoid situations that make me feel uncomfortable, like social situations or sometimes I have to pych myself up just to do it. I know what I have to do, the problem is breaking through the fear and just do it anyway.

sorry for the very late reply

Thanks be who you are for your reply.

I think small steps is helpful like trying to got to a small social situation fora short amount of time.
At the moment there probably not ,any social situations to attend.
take care.