FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Long time sufferer - first time sharing

Empathic_Bipolar
Community Member

Hi everyone,

im usually the helper/fixer..

my job and role requires this of me and l can normally cope. But tonight was the first time I’ve felt so alone, unappreciated and empty. And l feel quilt for feeling this way. I guess l just need a break. I am abused in my job by mentally unwell people and while l normally don’t take things personally tonight l just.....

l come home and I’m crying silently as my partner sleeps and all l wanted was to relax as l have to get up and go to work again tomorrow. I hate to sound like such a mater.

l thought l could text instead of calling a help line, but it’s apparently closed.
anyway. It doesn’t feel right talking on here when everyone else is experiencing similar if not worst feelings.

I think l feel better just typing this.

please know you are not alone.. you are loved, appreciated and you matter! Don’t be so hard on yourself and NEVER fix a temporary problem with a permanent solution. 🙏❤️

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Welcome to the forums, Empathic Bipolar, we are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing your thoughts and feelings here with our wonderful community. It sounds like things are challenging for you at the moment, especially at work, which seems unpleasant for you. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need. We're sure that a lot of our community members will relate to these feelings and hopefully some of them will pop by to offer you words of wisdom and kindness. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or if you prefer there is a Webchat service from 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport.  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

Please stay in touch.

Thankyou so much for your compassion and replying to my post. I hope your life is blessed daily and you too find all the love, happiness and contentment you so easily give to others ❤️🙏😊

Guest_0371
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Oh, that is so sad. I hope you are feeling better today:)