FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just maybe

UpsiideDown
Community Member

So if been having trouble coping with life, just everything basiclly, for a long while i haven't really left my house showered brush my teeth. Only started doing things since my daughter started going school, I haven't wanted to do anything, I solely live for my daughter and if it wasnt for her I wouldn't stay on planet earth, iv avoided doctors hospitals since I gave birth 6 years ago. I don't have a doctor I go too. And I'm not willing to go to one to get a mental health check, I feel scared and I would have to call reception too book a health apptm which I also feel embarrassed about, I'm just eating away at myself and I'm unsure what I can do to fix it, I have mental health problems bi polar n Bpd I refuse to take medication for, I don't want a placebo effect, I don't want to feel like a mannequin, when I did take medication I traded it abused it drank it will alcohol. Try to take enough to or few time, since then I don't even take panadol. I'm really lost. How can I change this feelinb

1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

UpsiideDown,

Welocme to the forum. this place is full of friendly and supportive people.

I am glad you wrote your post and shared your story. I understand that you feel embarrassed and scared about about going to a doctor and getting help.

Woild you consider ringing the Beyond blue Support line which offers support ad ice action. maybe you could ring and have a chat. 1300 22 4636. You can also chat online if you want. The details are at the top right hand corner of each page.

As well as taking your daughter to and from school, you are looking after and providing for her needs and are a loving mother.

You are not alone as others reading your post will relate to.

I have biploar and children and for many many years refused medication but was able to find medication that stabilised my moods.

feel free to post here as much as you like.

Quirky