FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just Diagnosed

Raffaela
Community Member
I can't believe it. I contracted chicken pox as an adult and recently had a bad (bad, as in, just like chicken pox) bout of shingles. Afterwards I couldn't walk - so back on the walking stick again after being so active, fit and healthy from a fibromyalgia diagnosis in 2007. I worked so hard to get my life back after fibro - and now, this is something else again. I can testify that these conditions present completely differently - but is there anybody out there who has both, like me? I can't believe it.
2 Replies 2

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Raffaela,

Just wanted to say I really like the picture of the dogs. They are adorable.

Regarding the Shingles. Have you been told how long you will have them for and what any repercussions may be? Are you able to take something to relieve the pain you may be experiencing?

Are you feeling anxious, stressed or depressed due to contracting shingles? Have you been given ways to deal with this if this is the case?

Hope you are soon feeling better!

Regards from Dools

Raffaela
Community Member
ools, Thanks for responding. I was given anti-viral medication for the singles, which stopped it in its tracks (no pun intended). No, I don't believe I'm depressed and frankly I've been too ill (floaty) to feel anxious, which I guess is what it's all about. I was going through so much stress, the body just "broke down" to stop me from going any further down the track of anxiousness. I'm now in a state of recovery from a major viral thingy and have CFS. j