FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I seem to find myself sad or angry with no cause.

BB1998
Community Member

So, for a fair few years now I will find myself in a angry or sad mood for no reason at all. Most of the time it's just at my own thoughts, memories, and over thinking.

Sometimes while over thinking, I sometimes find my self staring angrily at nothing, most likely the wall, cracking the angry eye brows.

This is almost an every day occurance. and I will Shut down, or close off to the people around me. I cannot talk about how I feel, even if I want to. I just can't get it out.

I feel as if this has ruined my relationship and friendships with people closest to me.

My son's father has past away in the last year, and I feel as if it has only gotten worse.

I can sometimes identify in the middle of one of these moods that what I'm feeling isn't right, uunnecessary or fair on the people around me. But I can't seem to change the way I'm feeling no matter how hard I try.

I think I might need mental health help, but i am afraid to reach out. Thats why I'm on this page.

Im not sure if any of this even makes any sense.

So I guess what trying to get to is to see if their is something wrong with me, what is going on? And what should I do.

I hate feeling like this.and I'm not sure how to stop it.

1 Reply 1

RainbowCuddle
Community Member

I find myself in the same situation. Like I have private health insurance and have been undertaking counselling sessions as part of a mental health programme but the person running the show tries to email to say I don't have access to the program when I know perfectly well that the private health fund has missed a payment from us so instead waffles on in her email. It made me all sad and upset when I could easily rectify the situation.

I overthink all the time too. I just had a weekend holiday with my family but of course, the cost of fuel was a killer and soured the whole experience when I should of been thoroughly enjoying my family time and seeing friends!

I think about how I am bored with my life as I am on maternity leave but should be enjoying the time with the little one as it doesn't last long.

I get angry at the slightest things too like when I am out walking and people just stare at me, I have a smile and I don't look upset or angry. I think the covid 19 retrictions (Melbourne) have made people weary of each other. It is so unfriendly.

I don't even like picking up my daughter from school even though i have made friends with some mothers. I don't like looking at other people and those looks as if i killed their cat or something.

And, we came home to a fridge that isn't working but of course it can be fixed or we can claim insurance on that for motor damage.

I have lost many friends in the past for shutting them out of my life and avoiding them. I have just been myself at times and then I get all angry and upset with the people that are out of my life. Forgetting is difficult.

I am sorry about the loss. Maybe chatting on here will help and getting it all out. I feel better knowing i am not the only one going through all this.