FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi. New here. Thank you 🥰

Mostapha
Community Member

Hi everyone how are you?

I was just searching on Google about psych wards and I found this beyondblue forum. So thought I would introduce myself and get to reading.

I've been admitt into hospital in my entire life around about 12 times. I have schitzophrenia. I'm on the psych ward now I had to get a negative covid test and isolate in one side of the ward for a day then they moved me to the other side.

I've been suicidal before and I have attempted it once. But my life isn't as bad as I think it is. I think very negatively and put myself down a lot. I'm in a relationship with a family friend of my mum's sister. And she is in Morocco. I need to get over there to get married to her and get her a visa application. All the best I would appreciate any advice on how to be happier these days. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear Mostapha,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through and that you have had a suicidal attempt in the past. Thank you for being part of our forums, it takes a lot of courage and strength to reach out for support and we are so glad that you have done so. We hope that you can get some support here, the community will be here to listen and chat with you. If you need further support or feel you are currently having suicidal thoughts we encourage you to reach out to Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline 13 11 14. If, however, you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about suicide this is an emergency and you need to call 000 (triple zero).

Thanks Sophie_M.

I'm not getting much from my treating team (public health system). On my suicidal tendencies. But yeah they don't do much except for ask me from time to time if I have suicidal thoughts. Spanning beyond a time that they have forgotten the since my last telling them about it - and the time had expired (gone away).

I was wondering about them for a while (my treating staff) like they at one stage were making me feel very uncomfortable in my appointments until I complained 4, times.

Anyway I asked them after wondering "are you guys supposed to be my friend or is it purely professional between us". My case manager response was it's professional.

So that's why I think that their support is not understood by their patients like me. It's been weird trying to see how 'this' or 'that' is really helping me.

But I think the psychiatry industry is very secretive and doesn't show itself to in the public for them to see it what it's really like or what it's about. Maybe it's really secretive and tough like that where patients aren't informed like me to save lives of patients. Hmm anyway. I'm going to try to find new waya of being happy. I'll keep you posted.

Hi Mostapha,

Sorry to hear you haven't felt supported. If you want to have a chat give one of the helpline numbers mentioned above a call. We are glad to hear you are trying to find a new way of being happy!

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Mostapha,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry to hear that you have been suicidal in the past.

Im glad to hear that you are trying to find new ways of being happy.

I enjoy practicing gratefulness, I find that there is always something in life to be grateful for……

I read positive affirmations every day my news feed is full of them

I enjoy giving the more that I give to people the happier I am

I always look for the positive in every situation

I hope that this is helpful