FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi I'm new to the forum

Basilcat
Community Member

Hello I'm new to the forum.

I decided to join the group because I have been managing my anxiety for over 40 years and have come to realise I can't do this alone.

Will read a few posts and get a feel for the forum 😃

5 Replies 5

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Basilcat,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for starting this thread.

This is a friendly , supportive and non judgmental place where you can share as much or little as you like.

There are many interesting threads about anxiety that may interest you and feel free to use your thread to ask questions and share information.

Once again welcome,

Cheers Quirky

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Basilcat

Welcome to the forum.

It's so wonderful that you posted and joined this community. Here you can vent, share, learn and support and receive support from others. You don't have to walk alone.

Welcome aboard. Kind thoughts to you

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Basilcat, thanks for posting your comment.

I'm sorry that you have struggled for 40 years because sometimes we tend to believe we are coping as best as we can try to handle any situation that confronts us, but in fact it all begins to mount up, leaving us with little or no way to be able to handle this anxiety.

When you read the many threads/posts there will be some that you feel familiar with and relates to how you are feeling, but remember that treatment is the same in a holistic approach, but individually, you have your own needs which will need to be treated by themselves and the situation you are trying to cope with.

Really hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Basilcat
Community Member

Hi Geoff

Thank you for your kind words I posted my story in PTSD & Trauma.

It's not what defines me as a person but it is a happiness block that I have never been able to overcome.

There are people far worse off than me which makes the guilt stronger.

On good days I do have a sense of humour I'm definitely a duck gliding along paddling like crazy underneath.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Basilcat, thanks for your reply,

It's very generous of you to think about other people who maybe worse off, but each post is unique in itself, so we need to look at each comment and treat it as such.

There is no guilt needed.

Best wishes.

Geoff.