FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help and guidance needed...

wrecked_ralph_live
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I hope all will be well eventually.

I am no longer able to sleep due to anxiety. I have just recently hit rock bottom or very near it.

I am struggling financially due to bad loans and maxed out credit cards. I do not live a lavish lifestyle at all but I am single income earner of a family of four. I am at a stage now that I am counting days to the next salary comes in because I only have like 30 dollars in my pocket as I write this with 5 more days til my next salary comes in.

Compounding to my issues are that the place am renting is falling apart and the landlord looks to be putting the blame on me. I want to get out of here but can't since of financial issues.

My wife is struggling with anger issues and refuses to work and I can't get her to seek any help or talk to anyone.

My health has deteriorated so much that I have ED issues.

I can't get any government financial support because as per criteria I still don't qualify but yet the anxiety and pressure has been building up so much recently that I can't sleep anymore. I am looking to getting a second job but struggling to find one that allows such arrangement.

I don't have anyone to talk to about all this. We have no relatives in Australia. The few friends that we have aren't really close enough yet to listen and care about all of this. It honestly felt so good just about writing this and expressing my problems in this forum.

What can I say, if it rains, it pours.

Faith is keeping me sane these days but God knows for how long.

I know that my situation isn't as bad as others but still I need help (and guidance).

6 Replies 6

Sophie_M

Dear wrecked ralph live,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Wrecked ralph live, you know it's not easy to send a comment onto a site where you don't know a single soul, but on many occasions, that's exactly what some people want, so well done and thanks to Sophie for replying back to you.

I understand your situation regarding the credit cards as I was in the exact same position a long time ago and it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all.

What may help you as it did for me, was to contact Anglicare, not only do they have a counselling service, but can stop the constant phone calls, letters in the mail by the creditors demanding payment, which is such a relief.

What they can also provide is temporary housing for you and your family until you can get settled back on your feet and some financial assistance so please have a look at this 'https://www.anglicare.org.au › help-with-money'.

If I can suggest you contact them, to begin with, and please let us know what's going on.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

MaxPotential
Community Member

Hi wrecked_ralph_live,

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties. Like you, I am a new member on the forums and in need of help and advice.

All I can suggest is to keep trying to find the help you need. Call help/advice lines, post in forums, make an appointment with your doctor, etc. Have you tried Mensline?

I just thought I would drop you a quick line to let you know I read your post and that there is help available.

All the best, Max

Thanks so much Sophie for taking time to reply. I appreciate this a lot.

Hi Geoff, thanks a lot mate for this. You are heaven sent. I will try and see what help I may be able to get from them. Cheers.

Hi MaxPotential,

Thanks so much for replying. It means a lot to me that at least someone would like to help out. In this forum, I got at least 3 replies and its much appreciated.