FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello everyone

Des_Cartes
Community Member

Hello,

I have just joined. I am a little unsure how much and what type of information to post in introducing myself, but will have a go: I am a man in my early 60s and have suffered with depression for most of my adult life, after a series of episodes of psychosis leading to hospitalization in my 20s. I have been seeing the same wonderful psychologist for the past 16 years, and she helps to keep me on track, throughout numerous troublesome episodes and career and life changes. I look forward to participating in discussions and, hopefullt, helping and being helped, in a community of fellow-sufferers.

3 Replies 3

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Des Cartes

Welcome to the forum.

I liked your introduction and thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I'm a mum in her 50s who cares for an adult child experiencing OCD and anxiety.

It took me awhile to learn how to navigate the site and gain the confidence to fully participate. But I'm so glad I persevered, as I've "met" some really great people and learned a lot.

What I've found is that this is a special place, full of kind, non-judgemental people who get mental health. It's a great place to vent, talk or give and/or receive support.

I really hope you stick around to make your contribution and find support when you need it.

Kind thoughts to you

Hi Summer Rose,

Thank you for your welcoming comments and kind thoughts, which are much appreciated.

Des Cartes,

I too welcome you to the forum and well done for making your post.

As summer rose wrote this is a kind, friendly and supportive place.

Thnaks for your introduction, and I am glad you have a wonderful psychologist who has helped you over the years.

you are right that helping and being helped is how the forums works .

I am in my early 60 s and was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 16. I find the compassion and experience of others on the forum is very supportive.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome again

Quirky

I like your choice of name.