FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello and Hi

JCogz
Community Member
Hi there. Today marks an important day for me. After having one of the Beyond Blue volunteers come to my workplace yesterday to speak on his journey, I walked out of the presentation and realised I needed help. Interestingly enough, I've been down this path before. I've had my mental health plan, visits to the GP, psychologists sessions and have even tried medication. In the end, I ditched the medication and made a major lifestyle change, including a new job. Things still aren't 'perfect' and over the last month or so, I've realised I still have a while to go before I can manage my anxiety and depression and hopefully rid myself of that gut wrenching feeling on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to my psychologist session tomorrow. The thought of talking about everything, already makes me feel better. I know its a step in the right direction. 
1 Reply 1

TheSteve
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi JCogz,

That is great to know a BB volunteer made a difference at your work and with you personally. It is always encouraging to see, first hand, the difference people make when they go out of their way to share experiences, show compassion, and help foster understanding among us all. 

You are on the right path, keep it up. Spend some good time with your mental health professional and do it on a regular basis. Keep it up, even when you are feeling better. Talk it through.

If we can help or support you here further, just reach out. Or, just reach out for a chat! All the best.

Steve