FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Happy to be here

saga
Community Member

Well, this is new for me and I won't lie - I don't really know what to say. It's been years since I've contributed to a forum and certainly never one around mental health.

Anyway, this year is the first year I've decided I'm going to do something concrete about my depression, which I've had for a very long time. I am seeing a counsellor and talking to my GP, and am also starting medication. For the first time in living memory, I'm starting to feel hopeful.

My life is getting rocky and things are not going well in terms of work and relationships. But I'm still hopeful for the first time in ages, and I'm looking forward to chatting to everyone here.

12 Replies 12

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello saga,

Welcome! We're happy to have you here 🙂

It's amazing that you've been taking concrete steps to work towards better mental health. Taking the first step is usually the hardest, so you should definitely be proud of how far you've come. I hope you find the forums a space where you feel comfortable sharing and we're always here to talk.

Wishing you the best,

Beeee

saga
Community Member
Cheers Beeee. I've been reading other posts and there is some great conversation happening here.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi saga,

Wellcome to our forums.

I think it’s fantastic that you have begun your journey with your mental health.

Im so glad you are hopeful hold onto hope because that is what will keep you moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

saga
Community Member
Thanks Petal22. Holding onto hope is indeed a good thing, and not something I'm used to.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear saga,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums...

Its always very heartwarming listening to someone who is ready to start their journey to mental wellness....Your post also can inspires others to the same thing as you are...

Thank you so much for sharing your story...

I am so happy that you are hopeful...without hope it’s really hard to move forward...I hope that you always keep hold of your hope and continue to move forward...

We are all here to help support you in any way we can..

My kindest thoughts dear saga, with my care..

Grandy..

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Hold onto it with both hands saga, even on the bad days remind yourself that you always have “hope”and it will always lead the way.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi saga,

Welcome to the forums! It is great to hear you have decided to take care of your mental health & that things are improving for you.

I hope that you find the forums to be a great support system for you, we have all been through various trials and tribulations and are here to support you!

all the best,

jaz xx

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi saga,

Welcome to the forum.
I'm so glad to know that you got some hope again, it's really encouraging.

Our way of recovery is not linear and it's possible that we experience ups and downs. When you feel you meet some new challenge, you're more than welcome to update your story here, and we're ready to help. That's how we look after each other.

All the best!

Mark

livi_mivi
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

We are so happy to have you here, good on you for having a great start to your journey 🙂

It's always hard to know where to begin and taking those first steps can come with a lot of emotions and challenges. Know that we are all here to lend a listening ear and offer our support.

All the best.