FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Group support groups

Edna
Community Member

Hi, I have just joined. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Is there any group support in Sydney ?

Thankyou

Edna

3 Replies 3

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Edna

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum!

If you go to your local Community Mental Health facility (usually at you nearest public hospital), they will have a range of support groups that you can contact. I am in Sydney too and often look at the notices when I visit them in my area.  There is quite  bit to choose from depending on what you are looking for.

Take care, and feel free to ask more questions.

K

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Edna, welcome to the forums. That's a great suggestion from Hideaway, you can also ring our support service on 1300 22 4636 for information specific to your area as we can't share those details online here due to privacy.

Your Medicare Local is another great place to start as they will be able to advise you of the services available in your local area. Use the map on the right-hand side of the page at www.medicarelocals.gov.au to find your local branch. GROW runs peer programs and support groups based in each state. Your local state contact and more information can be found here: www.grow.net.au

Many of our members also find online peer support to be a great help, which is why we have these forums. I hope you'll stay with us and keep posting if you feel comfortable.

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Edna

Just wondering if you were able to find any support groups in your area?

K