FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

From a caterpillar into transition to a beautiful butterfly

Nobodee
Community Member
Hi all.
Just joined up & have nothing to say about myself yet whilst going through transition into a beautiful butterfly.
In the meantime I'll just browse about until i feel comfortable to open up.
Perhaps can contribute if able.
14 Replies 14

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Nobodee

Welcome to the Forums and I'm so glad you joined us!

I'm loving your posts on the self-care thread btw. They take me to a gentle and peaceful place of quiet contemplation.

Love the analogy of your transition into a butterfly too - so sweet.

How are you doing today?

Love EM

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Nobodee, sometimes the questions we want to ask, may not make any sense to anybody else, but they certainly do to us, and at times the answers given back to us, we can't comprehend or may even misinterpret them in a way that's not intended.

This can easily happen if you have a relapse because people can't understand why all of a sudden after overcoming this illness, you have now broken down once again.

I've also had several relapses myself for reasons I hadn't prepared myself for and not equipped to cope with them, but know they will only last a few weeks, and knowing this gives me comfort, certainly unlike when I struggled with depression.

It's not so much what we know but how we are able to cope with it.

Take care.

Geoff.

Hi Nobodee & others,

Of all the thread and forum posts, yours 'spoke to me' love the message and design. I can also relate strongly to what you've posted so far so feel a kindred spirit already. I wonder why you chose your name as nobodee, if you'd care to share? Anyways to keep it light, | like your fun slippery slide double 'e' 🙂

The rising I feel kindred to you also, you speak of a group, does this count? Seems you'd be a great person to have in ones group - of course bias sets in with already feeling kindred - that just figures doesn't it?

Hi EcoMama and Geoff.

A little about me, much like nobodee I've been on my journey for more than 30years, like to keep positive and upbeat but alas this isn't what 'when in times of help required, is required''. I'm sure that's relatable. Love a head on tackle. I can suffer from loneliness at times, following or mutually joining journeys I'm sure will alleviate this.

As for keeping it light - lighter than a feather pillow fight in a room full of helium?

Start floating x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi AliasKind

How naturally beautiful you are!

It is so easy to sense the beauty, kindness and longing to evolve in you, Nobodee, Geoff and EM. An amazing circle of people. EM and Geoff continue to make such an ongoing positive difference to people through their beautiful nature.

I've found raising myself and being raised through the support of others the only way to go at times. For example, at the start of all this lock down business in Melbourne, my husband was facing a significant reduction in his work hours. I work only a few casual shifts a week so the finances were looking pretty concerning. A lot more money going out that coming in. I thought 'Okay, I don't believe I can manage this without my 'go to' miracle worker who is a star at creating highly effective budgets under just about any circumstance'. This happens to be my legend of a mother. I went to her house and by the time she'd finished performing a miracle rundown on how to access money from different areas, we were joking around about other matters. This is the kind of magic that can happen in a circle. My 15yo son brings out the adventurer in me and my 18yo daughter is always happy to give me a psychological slap across the noggin when I really need it, to wake up to myself (my natural self). These are just a few of my 'go to' people in my circle. Personally, I don't believe we're designed to manage life without people who can make a difference.

Imagining that pillow fight has brought a huge smile to my face, especially imagining those people talking in a room full of helium 🙂

You hit a nail on a head therising - "longing to evolve", thank you for responding so quickly and diligently (my first post) and thank you for sharing more about yourself and some of your circle. So wonderful to hear how other people do life with all it's wonder and challenges.

I suppose I've got my parents in my circle, other than that I'm yet too or starting again (as it feels) to acquire a circle of trust, support and go-to-under-any-circumstance group of people. I too am hopeful and optimistic I can one day be one of those persons for someone or few someone's.

At the moment I consider myself a little green grub, complete with the black and white horizontal beauty markings and little lumps, in the caterpillar - butterfly metamorphosis chain.

Smiling is beautiful 🙂