FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First Post

haramani
Community Member
Hi!
I'm new and a bit nervy to start posting on here but I thought i'd just come and say hello. I have been sad recently and I don't really know how to handle it so I thought that this might help. I really hope it does and I look forward to chatting on here more.
8 Replies 8

HealingTheSoul
Community Member
Hi Haramani, I understand how you are nervous as this is my first time too posting on here. I hope that everything is okay and sometimes reaching out, writing things down can provide that support in which you need.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
hi and welcome to beyond blue. This can be a good space to start a conversation about what is going on in our lives and work on issues concerning us. Without knowing what has been making you sad, you might want also want to look at threads on grounding and mindfulness in the forums. If you want to chat some more, I am about most evenings.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello haramani,

We would like to warmly welcome you to the forums...

I am so pleased you called in to say hello..It is nervy writing out your first post..We are proud of you for doing that as it does takes courage...

Im sorry your feeling sad haramani ...Has something happened that you know of to make you feel sad?...

A lot of our community members also feel sad at times..you’re not alone...We are here for you..

Please talk here anytime you feel up to it..We are listening and would like to get to know you better and help you the best we can...

My kind thoughts with care..

Grandy..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Welcome to the forums.

It's important to know that we are here to help you, but if I can say some people in desperation will have the courage to post their first comment feeling relief that finally, they've told someone but maybe too afraid to continue on.

Mental illness slowly works in the background until with or without your knowledge controls your life and can make you feel miserable and then cause problems in many ways, so we do hope you can open up to us, as much as you want to, remember all of us have had to struggle with our own type of depression.

Take care.

Geoff.

haramani
Community Member
Thank you all so much for making me feel so comfortable and welcome here. I'm not too sure why but talking to people about my mental health in real life is really hard for me. I'm really worried that someone I know might find my account and know that it's me and so I hope you can understand that I need a while longer to get used to being on these forums before I start to open up. Thank you all, this has made my day!

Completely understandable, unfortunately mental health is still a bit taboo in Australia but it is getting a lot better, thanks to companies like Beyond Blue.

Before is shared my story I did a lot of searching to find other in similar situations, although no one in the exact same place there is enough overlap that everyone is able to help each other out.

It really is a great community here and anonymity makes it a bit easier to open too

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello haramani...

Thank you so much for for letting us know you are okay..

Thats okay about needing time..It’s not easy to speak about what your struggling with...We are not going anywhere and will be here for you when you feel up to posting...

Sending you my kind thoughts with care..

Grandy..

Sunshineman_
Community Member
Hello Everyone!

Hope you guys are keeping safe and hopeful during this covid period.
Just wanted to pop a first post here before exploring the forums (:

Absolutely appreciating BB and the advice I have gotten so far.

Keep up the good work!