Welcome and orientation

Welcome! If you’re not sure where to start, that’s OK. We’re keen to know more about you and what you’re looking for on our Forums.

FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

Sophie_M Meet your community champions!
  • replies: 10

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Be... View more

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Beyond Blue Forums who: have the time, skills and empathy to support other members regularly; help to welcome new members; are actively engaged members that help set the tone of our community. Our Community Champions are regular contributors to many conversations across the forums. They are a consistent and friendly voice that have committed to sharing their experience and expertise with this community. They are not health care professionals or clinicians. Like you, they have an experience with a mental health challenge or diagnosis – either for themselves or someone they care for. This forum is for people who understand what it feels like and have a lived and living experience of mental health challenges. Our Community Champions help everyone feel comfortable and confident by demonstrating what excellent peer support is all about. Click here to find out more about how you can become a Community Champion! This incredible team are excited to introduce themselves below, and we are sure you’ll see them around the forums in conversations important to you.

Aaronsis HELP..Am I posting in the right section?
  • replies: 10

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried th... View more

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried that they are posting "the wrong thing". 1.A good title makes the difference Just like a headline in a newspaper, when scanning the dozens of threads to click into, it’s only natural that people will choose the ones that resonate with them most. A title that entices the reader, or asks a question, is likely to get a better result than something non-descriptive like “Depression” or “I don't know what to do”. If you think you’re not good at choosing titles, leave it till last. Spend time writing your post, then perhaps choose a sentence from what you’ve written as the title. 2.Join in threads that have already been posted We all have our own unique stories, but part of the reason for joining a forum like this one is because you know that you will have a lot in common with others who are posting. Before starting a new thread, have a look through the current topics being discussed and see if there’s a conversation you can join in with. It can be quite common to have a handful of very similar threads happening at any one time, with members seemingly unaware that there are others right there who are going through the same thing. Talking to other members on their threads is a great way of getting yourself known so that when you post a thread of your own, people may respond quicker because they recognize your name. 3.Choose the most appropriate section for your post Many people browse the forums looking for stories specifically to do with pregnancy and parenting, employment, grief, loss, separation etc. Going straight for the “Depression” section may seem like the easiest option, but this section is often the busiest, so your post is more likely to get lost among the threads. Making good use of the different forum sections not only helps keep the forum relevant, but you’re more likely to find others who are going through the same experiences as you. Also, if you're wanting to discuss issues of trauma, abuse, suicidal thoughts or self-harm, it's really important you post in the designated section to avoid triggering others who may not wish to read about these topics. Mostly..just come and chat, we are here for you. Our amazing wizards in the background will see your message ends up in the right spot. Sarah

All discussions

..K New & Needing help/advice.
  • replies: 7

Hi I’m new here and have been hesitant to make a post. But I’ve been struggling. I’ve recently lost my pop who passed away. I have been eating or sleeping properly. I’ve lost work due to covid-19. I feel lonely and down so much I feel as though I’m G... View more

Hi I’m new here and have been hesitant to make a post. But I’ve been struggling. I’ve recently lost my pop who passed away. I have been eating or sleeping properly. I’ve lost work due to covid-19. I feel lonely and down so much I feel as though I’m Getting upset and angry at the littlest things. I have no one to talk to who would be able to understand or help me. I’m 24 and have two loving kids and husband. when I get upset around him, he just makes it feel like it’s my fault. I have spoken him about the issue I have, but he always turns is around on me, making it feel like it’s my fault. he said he doesn’t know how to help me. Social media plays a big part in this but he’s always getting mad and defensive, as if he’s done nothing wrong. I feel insecure, not good enough, hopeless, and guilty for bringing these issues up with him. I feel like I’m letting my kids down constantly, which then makes me feel horrible. I’m struggling to be happy I feel. I can’t eat a full meal like I used to or sometimes I go without, I can’t sleep properly which makes me always tired. I don’t know what’s wrong or how I can help myself, and I’m honestly terrified to go to the doctors about my issues. I just want someone to talk to, someone to listen who understands, because I have no one

Regulus Introduction
  • replies: 1

Hi, I'm Regulus. I'm a mid 30s female who has been living with Depression, Anxiety, BPD and Complex Trauma for a long time. I chose to enter this forum today because I could use some people with similar experiences in my life. The times my health is ... View more

Hi, I'm Regulus. I'm a mid 30s female who has been living with Depression, Anxiety, BPD and Complex Trauma for a long time. I chose to enter this forum today because I could use some people with similar experiences in my life. The times my health is worst I'm in hospital, but it's where I feel most at home and accepted. I'm an introvert, so am not really struggling with isolation, except for missing the occasional hug and coffee.

NatR Far from home
  • replies: 5

Hello Guys! I'm from the other side of the world (almost 1500km away from here) although I've been in Australia for a year, it seems impossible to find people who are as excited in building genuine connections as I am. I've tried different groups (pe... View more

Hello Guys! I'm from the other side of the world (almost 1500km away from here) although I've been in Australia for a year, it seems impossible to find people who are as excited in building genuine connections as I am. I've tried different groups (people-interests) and it might be cultural as well but there's something that just doesn't allow me to find the right fit. Coming from a very warm and genuinely friendly country, this has been really hard to deal with and has given me several episodes of bad anxiety and depression. Would really like to be more able to socialize in Australia, have friends, go out, maybe a partner (?) but things are not always colors and rainbows. Are they?

tom122727 im new to beyondblue forums
  • replies: 2

don't know where else to get support im here on my failing love life as i feel alone and that i feel like no girl wants me, no matter how honest i am, my name is tomas i am 21 male and im suffering from depression, anxiety, ptsd, panic attacks i have... View more

don't know where else to get support im here on my failing love life as i feel alone and that i feel like no girl wants me, no matter how honest i am, my name is tomas i am 21 male and im suffering from depression, anxiety, ptsd, panic attacks i have been thinking about that my life is pathetic and that I'm a worthless failure i did have postive thoughts before i expireinced my traumatic event and i am struggling to deal with my emotions i feel like people dont understand me, girls dont understand me all together. i jsut feel like i am nothing just like i am thrown out by girls like nothing.

Mark_M Unsure of which forum to join.

I think I may be experiencing depression and anxiety. I have have been diagnosed with PTSD about ten years ago. What do you suggest is the best place on this website for me to find some help. In appreciation.

I think I may be experiencing depression and anxiety. I have have been diagnosed with PTSD about ten years ago. What do you suggest is the best place on this website for me to find some help. In appreciation.

Neats Hi

Hi. im new here. Currently living with my 2 kids. I’ve been separated for around 18 months and I’m feeling so lonely at the moment. I’m so emotional all the time and I’m not good at reaching out to friends for help. i feel like I need to talk to some... View more

Hi. im new here. Currently living with my 2 kids. I’ve been separated for around 18 months and I’m feeling so lonely at the moment. I’m so emotional all the time and I’m not good at reaching out to friends for help. i feel like I need to talk to someone professional but it’s not possible at the moment. not sure what to do but just needed to talk to someone so thought I would vent here. thanks c

Neesy Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi my name is Neesy. I'm married and my husband (before we were married) went out for dinner with friends, including a female neighbour, who seemed interested in my husband at the time. Nothing eventuate from this, in fact the female neighbour said s... View more

Hi my name is Neesy. I'm married and my husband (before we were married) went out for dinner with friends, including a female neighbour, who seemed interested in my husband at the time. Nothing eventuate from this, in fact the female neighbour said she couldn't understand him or his jargon (he is a mechanic) This happened in 2016. In 2017,my husband and I got married (we have known each other since I was in high-school, some 30years ago but reunited in 2016). Since I have moved in with my husband at his residence, the female neighbour has been harassing us, leaving objects on our vehicles, letters in our mailbox, I have asked her to stop via a message on Messenger but she keeps harassing us. I read on her Facebook page that she has a chronic illness but doesn't specify the medical issue. I also know that her husband died a while ago and she lives alone except for her pets. (cats). I don't understand why she continues this harassment. I have never met her, or spoken to her, yet she has formed an opinion of me writing that I am the harping wife and I should set my husband free? I'm not sure what to do but I am really upset and angry about this. I also think she may be looking through our windows at night, or listening to conversations, as some of her letters contain things my husband and I have spoken of. She has also been caught walking up and down our driveway and some of her notes have been left stuck on our front door. I don't know if there are mental health issues involved here, from grief of her husband, or whether it is from the chronic illness. I'm not sure whether to involve the police but we have tried to ignore her and her harassment and so far that hasn't worked. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All4him Unsure....

Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff and the whole "talking about my problems" stuff I'm just wondering how open and honest Can you be and how much detail can you Go into?

Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff and the whole "talking about my problems" stuff I'm just wondering how open and honest Can you be and how much detail can you Go into?

nubeginning New User Hi

Hi there, I am new here, stubbled upon the forums trying to find how to start new after being left suddenly after 25 years of partnership, my entire adult life.. So lonely....

Hi there, I am new here, stubbled upon the forums trying to find how to start new after being left suddenly after 25 years of partnership, my entire adult life.. So lonely....

Blondie2020 A newbie here....
  • replies: 3

Hi everyone, My name is Pam and I have come here to hopefully get some help with my depression coming back. I have been in recovery now for over 10 years. However, I think that with the pandemic and have family troubles its just all getting to much. ... View more

Hi everyone, My name is Pam and I have come here to hopefully get some help with my depression coming back. I have been in recovery now for over 10 years. However, I think that with the pandemic and have family troubles its just all getting to much. I do have hobbies and try to immerse myself in those to lessen the blues. Anyway, hope everyone is good and am looking forward to meeting some new friends.